Saturday, July 19, 2008

Kamakura Trip 2: Amish dining


On the way back to the station just before my return trip home, I passed by this restaurants sign and I couldn't resist taking a snap. It was just so unexpected.

So who's ever thought you could get authentic Amish dining in the temple town of the Kanto region? I didn't. I haven't heard of any tranplanted Amish looking to live their life in simplicity in small town Japan, but apparently, their food is something to dine out for.

This restaurant is found just past the main shopping street that is accessible as soon as you walk out of the main exit of the station, just past the main bus and taxi noriba on the left (with the station at your back). The Hachimangu shrine is across the street, but only trees are visible from the restaurant.

We didn't stop in due to lack of time, but now my curiousity is peaked. Next time, I will have to make a special effort to stop in and taste authentic Amish cooking, Kamakura style.

No comments: